Eggnog with Benna Fresh Milk
175 ml Benna Fresh Whole Milk
60ml Benna Fresh Cream
33g granulated sugar
1 cinnamon stick
½ vanilla bean pod, split and seeds put aside
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg, separated
40 ml Bourbon
- In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, cinnamon, vanilla bean, vanilla seeds, and nutmeg. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Finely chop the basil.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until combined and thick ribbons form when the whisk is lifted.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to mix until the mixture is combined and smooth. Add bourbon and stir.
- Refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days.
- Before serving, beat the egg whites in a large bowl or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into eggnog until combined.
- Serve and garnish with nutmeg.